Wednesday 1 August 2012

from the hard headed person-i have learned my lesson about hospital bag

Tajuk tak boleh belah kan?

Yes, I have learned my lesson 3 years ago pasal hospital bag. I was so confident that i wont give birth so early till i refused to prepare my hospital bag. Well, well, I was totally wrong!!

3 years back, I lived in Sri Damansara and did my medical check up in Hospital Columbia Asia, Seremban. Ramai yang pelik, why so far? Why not go for your monthly check up near to where i lived? Well, the reason is that, hubby is always away, left me alone at home. I have no other option than to go back to my hometown (where my parents stay) so that if I am about to give birth, parents will be there for me.

On my 35 weeks check up, my Obgyn have to admitted me due to amniotic fluid leakage. Dah lah tak bawak  bag langsung, barang baby pon tak kemas lagi! I have to go back to Sri Damansara to pack all my things. While on the way, I felt contraction and I know that I may need to deliver this baby soon. Luckily my elder brother is there to help me. Hubby is far away and working offshore, parents gone for haji and I am alone:(

I took us 1 hour 30 minutes to get to Sri Damansara, pick ALL the baby and my stuff  into the car and drove back to Seremban. I think it took us 3-4 hours to reached the Hospital. Hahaha..That is so not ready moment and kelam kabut.

Now, to prevent the same thing happen again, I have brought ALL the baby stuff to my mom's house. Leaving only hospital bag to be carried. Tu pon it is still not complete. Why?

Here is the reasons. If you are about to give birth in the government hospital, you have to bring your own baby's rompers/bodysuit/blanket. Let say, you are going to stay there for 4 days ( in case you have to under go for C-sect) then you need to have 4 sets of rompers/bodysuit/blanket. You then need to bring your own napkin. Please spare 4-5 napkins.Why? The nurses wont allow you to let your baby wear diaper. They would like to monitor the baby's motion. Once your baby has already pee and poo poo then you are allowed to wear diaper. But sometimes, it may take 3-4 poo poos before first pee:) You also need to bring your own diapers, wet wipes, hats, mittens and also booties plus car seat.

For mommies, you need to bring your own maternity pads, panties ( I go for disposable panties the first few days, it'll be bloooooody bebeh), socks, towel, nursing pillow, breast pump, mug, spoon, fork, water tumbler, thermos and go back t-shirt and sarung. You will be given tops and sarung while u stay there.

If you plan to give birth in private hospital, there is nothing much you need to bring. Besides nursing pillow, breast pump, socks and baju sejuk yang nipis, you just need to bring go home t-shirt and sarung for yourself and for your baby only 1 set of romper, mitten, booties, blanket and hat and also car seat. Let your baby sit there. You dont have to hold her all the time. Plus your are still hurt down there and couldn't sit properly. hahaha.

For me, where am I going to give birth? I dont know. I don't have the answer yet.I  hope to deliver my baby normal and if the baby is full term (meaning 37 weeks and above) I will obviously go for Columbia Asia Seremban. But if I have to deliver this baby less than 37 weeks, than I have no other option than to go to Hospital Tuanku Jaafar. The baby's ventilator is not working in columbia asia seremban. tutup muka..hapada! 

Meanwhile, I still haven't finalized my hospital bag. Still lacking of  few things and now I am on my 32 week. Next month baby, yes next month.
gambar adalah dari google. banyak nye mengalahkan balik kampung kan?

gambar adalah dari google. tidak lah teman nak pakai dress hijau tu. mau kena syarahan dengan laki sebab buang tebiat..hahaha


My hope? I hope this baby could wait till september when she is at her 37 weeks. I hope my water break and i can monitor myself the contraction. When its getting intense, then I will go to the hospital. I hope I will have smooth, easy, fast and less/kurang pain delivery. And the most important is that my beloved partner cum soul mate cum best friend cum motivator cum hubby is next to me to go through this delivery.

But what ever it is, Allah swt has a a better plan for me no matter how huge my hopes and plans. He knows the best:)

Till then, Selamat berpuasa:)





No comments: